State level Seminar on“Domestic Violence, Women trafficking and Atrocities Against Women”
State level Seminar on“Domestic Violence, Women trafficking and Atrocities Against Women”-was organized on 12-13th December2014 with the financial support of National Commission for Women,New Delhi.The main purpose of the seminar is to educate and create awareness among womenfolk about Domestic Violence and the on the features and highlights of the Domestic Violence Act2005 and the seminar is organized on 12-13th December2014
• To create awareness among women on elimination of violence against women, about their fundamental and legal rights and prevention of divorce, sexual harassment and dowry
• To raise awareness on the issue of gender-violence and the causes and factors of violence against women.
• To collect, share and develop best practices for elimination and prevention of violence against women.
• To educate women to overcome/fight on atrocities and crimes against women
• To Spread the women on the features of the Domestic Violence Act2005
• To raise awareness on the issue of gender-violence and analyze the causes and factors of violence against women.
Participants invited for the seminar are SHG Leaders,CBOs Leaders,NGO representatives and Women activists
Eminent, Advocates, Women Activists, Human Rights Activists,NGOs,Social Reformers and Government Officials are the resource persons.
The Seminar was inaugurated by Thiru.K.Ayyappan Pillai,B.Sc,BL President/Sub Judge, Legal Service Committee, Kulithalai,Karur.Thiru.Chithirairajan, Revenue Divisional Officer,Kulithalai presided over the function. Mr.P.Narayanan, Director,Gramium welcomed the gathering and briefed the objectives of the seminar and the functions of National Women Commission.
This presidential address, Thiru.K.AyyappanPillai,B.Sc,BL President/Sub Judge, Legal Service Committee,Kulithalai, Even though the status of women has increased because of their education. Still women are facing problems from their birth to till death and insisted that women should know their rights and Laws. He also briefed the functions and services rendered by the Free Legal Cell. As far as family is concerned, women are more responsible than men and women should be aware of when violence are problems raised against them. The chief guest releases the booklet of the Seminar titled “Hand Book On Domestic Violence Against Women”
The outcomes of the seminar are as follows
• Participants understand the definition of Violence against women and Domestic Violence Act2005
• Participants understand the need of women education
• Participants understand the Acts related to women and children
• Parents should take care of their children and spend more time with their children
• Along with women education ,awareness education on domestic violence against women is essential
• The participants requests more camps @ village level would be organized to provide awareness on Domestic Violence
• The Free legal Aid centre may be established @ Panchayat level and a legal aid committee with PRI Members,Lawyers,VAO and Inspector of local police station and the women leaders from the panchayat would be established
• More publicity on Domestic Violence Act 2005 through IEC Materials
• School level Awareness programmes on Domestic Violence to the school children above VI std would be conducted
• Technology should used for good cause
• Short films on domestic violence against women and children may be taken in the vernacular and shown at villages and schools